Recruitment & Selection
Using a structured recruitment selection process will help save time, as well as increasing the quality of the selection and the likelihood of producing a strong short-list of qualified candidates.
Prior to starting the recruitment selection process it is important to have worked out in your own mind and with the help of others suitable criteria for the appointment. This has to include skills and experience required, the personality fit and also what will be expected from the position at the outset and for the future.
Before you Start determine What are you Looking For?
Recruitment and candidate selection can be hard work, so making it easier from the outset will pay off in the long term. Only when your job-description is succinct and agreed by everyone involved, can you go forward with the recruitment process to find and select the right candidate.
We can help you with writing job specifications.
Recruitment Selection Process – Step by Step
While keeping it simple, following the steps below, will help maximise the effectiveness and success rate of your recruitment activities.
- Writing the role specification. Need help? Please contact us.
- Identifying suitable candidates.
- Applicant filtering to identify suitable candidates. This can include using role specific application questionnaires
- Candidate screening to confirm suitability. This can ideally be done with a short phone interview prior to arranging face to face interviews.
- First interviews, ideally face to face. Establishing mutual fit and interest for both the candidate and the employer
- Review and feedback to 1st interview candidates. Select the 1-3 best candidates for 2nd interview
- Additional in-depth interviews and assessments as required to select the best candidate
- Having chosen your preferred candidate, make your offer. If they accept, confirm the offer in writing.
- Stay in touch and help the candidate through the period leading up to them joining your organisation.
Please contact us for more information.