The qualities and skills needed from line managers
Line managers exercise a strong influence over the level of discretion that an individual has over how they do their job.
- You want to structure your organisation with the right capabilities and leadership to execute the business strategy.
- You want managers to understand, manage and own people issues.
- You need to get the right people with the right skills in the right roles at the right time.
We can coach your line managers in the areas that make a significant difference to your teams;
- performance appraisal
- involvement and communication
- openness – how easy is it for employees to discuss matters with their line manager
- recognition – the extent to which employees feel their contribution is recognised.
- enabling – the company policies and practices, bringing them to life
- acting upon advice or guidance on the more complex people management cases.
- help and support employees to take more responsibility for how they do their jobs by coaching and guidance
- build a good working relationship with their employees – they need to lead, listen, ask, communicate, be fair, respond to suggestions and deal with problems
- build effective teams.